Skip to main content
PANDA National Helpline (Mon to Fri, 9am - 7.30pm AEST) Call 1300 726 306

Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: My special place

hey there @Snowie 🙂🌺

my apologies for the delay.. 

I hope you’re doing ok today 💜🌺

yeah, I think speaking to therapists with LEx does make a difference…I’ve noticed a lot more flexibility in therapeutic approach as well as empathy. 
side note: I think a lot more should be done to include people with LEx who are interested in becoming therapists, to do so, because their innate skills are invaluable to the therapeutic relationship, I believe. However to do this I think there needs to be better methods of supporting therapists with LEx to manage vicarious trauma, too 🙂🌺

I hope your appointment goes well today, too 💜🫂🌺

ok I’ll definitely update how it goes after the next session of EMDR on Thursday 🙂

Take care, and go gently 💜🙂☺️

Hi @Snowie , I think that's a good idea to write things down for your psych appt today. Good luck with handing it over, and with the session... 

Morning @Snowie  just stopping by to say hello and see how your appointment went this morning? Hope you were able to hand that piece of paper over and it was a helpful outcome. 💕

Hi all

I'm not going to tag anyone. We are all struggling with things.

Well I handed over what I wrote to my psych. We used up most of the session talking about it.

I'm not sure how I feel now but at least it is out there. I told her my sh was high today. That I'm having trouble controlling it. We started talking about it but it was too triggering so we stopped. I sat in the car for about 30mins before I had calmed down enough to drive home. Sometimes my appointments feel like they bring up more and more things than I can handle. It feels like just too much.

Hi hun @Snowie ❤️

I am sorry that it brought up some uncomfortable feelings for you

I hear you - talking about things is not always easy, but sometimes it's necessary and it's great that you were able to be honest about where you're at 

What do you find helpful when you're having trouble controlling the urges?

Hi @lavenderhaze 

I've gotten to the couch just watching some tv trying to distract me. As long as I stay away from certain places I'll be ok.

What are you watching? 

You can always reach out here to get support as well @Snowie, if the thoughts get bad ❤️

I'm watching Good Will Hunting @lavenderhaze I've seen it before so don't have to concentrate on it too much. I've got the dog too 

The thoughts are already bad, it is just a matter of controlling them.

Oh @Snowie 😞

Does music help? It really helps me sometimes when I am having persistent negative thoughts 

I love good will hunting ❤️ 

Aw how old is the doggo?

I don't really listen to music @lavenderhaze It has never helped.

I'm more into visual things. Watching a movie, reading something, writing.

She is 6 years old and like a third child!! She is spoilt rotten.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance