Skip to main content
PANDA National Helpline (Mon to Fri, 9am - 7.30pm AEST) Call 1300 726 306

Forums

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Henry's Landing Strip & Hangar

Sorry I haven't replied to your last message @HenryX 

That was a long drive for you to get a vaccination. Are you feeling ok after it?

Lolo @Former-Member can't beat a good Margherita but no debate for pineapple It belongs

Trying to be healthy here. @HenryX  😬 How was your day?

Hello @Former-Member, @Appleblossom ,@Anastasia , @Emelia8 , @TAB , @Historylover , @Eve7 

and others visiting this thread.

Thanks so much everyone for the messages, cute and interesting photos, suggestions and visits.

I'll 2nd the Hawaiian pizza. You're right, I think, have to put healthy eating on hold for a while – just as well this is digital. I wonder if you can put on weight thinking about such things?

The cat with the caption is lovely - “please”Heart

Always happy to receive replies to messages, but certainly, always when you feel like it, if you would like to.

Yes, the vaccination was offered in Geraldton, at the Community Health Centre Geraldton {CHCG}, which has a sectioned and operating vaccination area, set up for purpose, at the hospital. The whole arrangement was well organised and the staff acted very professionally, yet also pleasantly and politely. I could almost say it was a pleasure - almost!!, if it weren't for the vaccination itself, and even that was not too bad. I looked at the CHCG and other options. Some were closer, but my thinking was that I could get it done there sooner and I would have been less likely to have to cope with variations in provision of service.

After the first vaccination, I had the feeling, as if having been punched in the arm, for two days, a slight head and stomach ache for the same period of time. This time, just the sore arm, so far. Oddly, the pain in my arm seems to diminish if I lie on that side....???

As I mentioned also, I generally arrange for other activities in conjunction with a trip to Geraldton. And, for me, the trip is normally very pleasant and peaceful. Getting a little dry now, as harvest approaches. Lots of large round and rectangular hay bales already, and most farmers are making last minute preparations for grain harvest. It's amazing how much more hay is being cut and baled compared to 5 or 10 years ago. Much more concern to have sufficient animal feeds in reserve.

This afternoon, more travelling. Met at a friends house and he drove the 100 km to a “nearby town” to join in a gathering there. Quite pleasant. Again nice drive. I could pay more attention to the environment because I was the passenger. We live on the Eastern side of the wheat-belt over here {further from the coast and potential rainfall}, so although it gets dry quickly, there are a small number of places where there is still, still {repetition intended} water. Puddles about the size of a car, maybe a half dozen. But there was no running water in the 100 km. And what remains now is very salty.

A bit different, that's why people over here are always told to stay with their vehicle if they break down. Much better chance of survival. Easier to see a vehicle from the air than a person lying exhausted under a tree somewhere in the bush. And, as I've indicated, little chance of finding any suitable water for drinking. There are a few farm houses, but not another town in the 100 kms.

Gosh, I'd better post this. It's 8.30 pm here and I still have a few more mesages to which I would like to respond.

Since it is about 11.30 pm over East, I hope that you are either watching a good film {is that an old fashioned expression??} at a lively party, or enjoying a very peaceful and refreshing sleep.

With My Best Wishes to All

@HenryX 

I worked in Cue couple times over last 10 years @HenryX
Magnet sounding like a guess lol

we used to fly out of there for a while Meeka okay for a visit too

Hi @TAB 

Yep, general area, dry and dusty for 9 months of the year and wet slushy quagmire, the rest.

Cheers, @HenryX 

Re: Henry's Landing Strip & Hanger

I'm in@Oaktree! Sounds like a great time will be had by all! 😊 I'd be please to give a hand. Just let me know what I can do to help. Cheers!

Rose PetalsRose Petals

Over here in the east I have collected big bowls of scented rose petals, and my Peace rose still has oodles of buds about to burst forth ....

@Oaktree if they can be zipped in an instance over to @HenryX hangar, would they help add a little softness to your party?

Smiley Happy

@Former-Member @Anastasia @Historylover  @Emelia8  and all

Smiley Happy

Hi! @HenryX @Appleblossom @TAB @Anastasia @Oaktree @Historylover and anyone else here. 

Photos from a museum in New Zealand. 😊

A876B262-A35E-441F-BAA2-C15C8CB2F425.jpeg

63C272DC-5AC7-4B8C-8525-86D1BF8A0DBD.jpeg

Hi @Former-Member  will check later to have a look, cant see yet

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance