Skip to main content
PANDA National Helpline (Mon to Fri, 9am - 7.30pm AEST) Call 1300 726 306

Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Good Morning!

Gday my awesome friend @saturnzoon
🙂

Hi @saturnzoon 

I'm glad your son went to school today. That's a good thing. How old is he btw? 

I know it's a battle some days - my son liked chips for breakfast. I would take the frying pan with the chips frying and savory into his room and tell him it was time to get up and he seemed to follow his nose out into the kitchen to eat them. I know chips for breakfast isn't the best start to the day but it got him up and off to school - he was 11 then

I believe that education is important and at any age. However if our kids aren't motivated how we manage to get them there is to take the path of least resistance. Whatever works

Not easy

My day has been busy - I have been feeling better today but lately I have been dragging my feet - perhaps the cold weather is making life more difficult for many people

All the best Saturn

Dec

Former-Member
Not applicable

@saturnzoon 

Gosh ur struggles with ur sons makes me appreciate mine.

He actually sets his alarm early to get up & finish homework thats how dedicated he is.

He gets very tired tho has a slow processor so has to do double the amt of time to finish homework. Really feel for him but hes determined he wants to finish yrs 11 & 12 & go to uni hey

Former-Member
Not applicable

738370919020baf45e12a56899ee8a16.gif

GOOD AFERNOON ALL 💛💚💛 hope the day has panned out well? Do tell... I've rested all day with shocking sciatica the doc says is "just arthritis"  i can  barely walk sit or stand...  so what, such is life. Hopefully just a temporary flare-up. Otherwise - its such a beautiful day out and furbaby snuggles beside me 😊

Good afternoon @Former-Member 

Know what it is like with pain. So often cannot find a way to sit or lay when it is not hurting.

Wne to gp today. She has doubled the dose of my meds, and said can adjust again in 1-2 months if needed. Will start on the higher dose tonight

Just a question. On an earlier appt B was talking and she said something about being lucky something did not happen. I never said anything because I did not have the amount of trust to answer then. Now I want to say something about it but don't know if I will be able to get the words at the time or how to bring it up.       Has anyone written a note to a counsellor to help bring something up? I don't know if it is something that is acceptable or not, and think it is possibly the only way I will manage to raise it myself. I don't know if she realised anything when I never said anything (maybe she did, she seems very intuitive to what I do and do not say) or if she plans to bring it up again.

Has anyone done this (a note) to a counsellor before and did it work? I would not send it, I would hand it to her at an appt. Would not go into detail either in it, just say something like "when you mentioned ....... I never answered. I trust you enough to talk about it now but do not know how to start." Do you think it would work, or not?

Former-Member
Not applicable

@cutiepiekitty, I have done the 'letter thing' with counsellors. One was smart enough to read it and stop to clarify each point, the other two, males, made me read it to them. The important thing is to get your message across. Hope this helps 💙

Thanks @Former-Member  I will try it with B. 

Good morning and a big hap-pea Saturday to all the formites including but not all (because I cannot remember everyone I am an old pea :p) @cutiepiekitty @Former-Member @Former-Member @Owlunar @MDT @Shaz51 @eudemonism @Angels333 @TAB @Bill16 @Appleblossom @Maggie @outlander @Ant7 @Adge @Meowmy @Gazza75 @Bimby2 @CheerBear . Have a great day everyone. Love always peaxx

Related image

@greenpea  B9F290EA-611C-46D3-8172-923733D5399B.jpeg

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance