Skip to main content
PANDA National Helpline (Mon to Fri, 9am - 7.30pm AEST) Call 1300 726 306

Forums

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: A love/hate relationship with exercise

The groans are so not inspiring and I dislike watching women's tennis on the TV nowadays for same reason..so I watch with a mute button..and some gyms are definitely more laid back than others.. They can be a fun place to people watch as seriously, it's a crack up watching people go completely over the top with their reps on the machines!!

Hey there every one- im just wondering what every one has been doing for exercise now its getting colder?

I have a Wii with a few silly dance games i do for a laugh (and a reminder how uncoordinated i am ) but i still have been rugging up for my walks- rain coat, beanie and umbrella.

Plus the indoor pool every now and then, geeze they need heaters in the change rooms haha, its nearly put me off.

Baboo

I dragged the whole family to the gym this weekend!  It was so much more fun with them around.  It's one of those 'unmanned' gyms so I'm just hoping that nobody watches the surveillance tape to see my kid swinging across the room on the ropes 🙂

I have a huge love/hate for exercise, being that i avoid it at all costs, which luckily for me, i am fortunate that my body tends to just sit at a certain weight, i am by no means fit but, i don't have to work out to stay in shape so to speak, altho currently i am a tad heavier then i would like to be, i usually find when i am working i slim back down due to doing more exercise at work.

in the interim, when the weather and timing has allowed i have been walking once or twice a week with a friend which has been quite nice and helpfull too

i am not game enough to go to a gym, as i have no idea how any of the machines work and i would feel foolish, and i can't afford a personal trainer, but maybe in the future when i decide to quit smoking i will have a health push..... maybe

This was my 'exercise' today 🙂 🙂

IMG_4765.JPG

My husband is a gym junkie. I've had moments where I have been too but I usually feel way too insecure and I lose my mojo and quit going. I'm currently paying for a gym membership I'm not using. However I prefer walking around my city before work so a couple of mornings a week I get an earlier train into work and then walk around the river through the pretty gardens... It's nice but I have been so exhausted lately that I can only do this 1-2 a week. The early starts really sap out my energy and don't help my depression. 

Hi @kdoll

I did the gymn thing for a quite a few years .. but in the end was only going once per week .. and it wasnt worth it. 

Nowadays I go with "functional exercise"  ..its a good theory ..havent lost much weight tho .. but havent ballooned out either.

The river walk sounds lovely ... I have a river and a beach and a mountain close by .. maybe if I did one per week  ...as the weather improves ..

Are in a big city or country town @kdoll

Smiley Happy

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance