Skip to main content
PANDA National Helpline (Mon to Fri, 9am - 7.30pm AEST) Call 1300 726 306

Forums

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday // What is mental health reform and why is it important for you // Feb 14, 7-9pm AEDT

@Former-Member I think you are probably right. That totally sucks Smiley Sad It makes me so sad and angry that everything comes down to money in our society. I believe there truly is enough money to go round to help all those who need it...if only it was spent more wisely.

Re: Topic Tuesday // What is mental health reform and why is it important for you // Feb 14, 7-9pm AEDT

Thats a fair point @leitor - the balance is completely wrong

What if we routinely asked people about their experience of care, and reported it publically?

Perhaps that would be a good way of building accountability, and helping peple to make more informed choices?

@FrankGQuinlan you need to spend more time on the forum here - you would get the hang of many conversations happening at once then lol

hahaha @Zoe7 so true

Ah, @FrankGQuinlan, you look so calm and relaxed in your photo, now i have to re-imagine you struggling to keep up with this torrent of questions!

I hope you get to settle back with that glass of wine after we are done here Smiley Wink

And perhaps we will need to test more of those rights in courst and human rights tribunals.

collaborative reform is preferred, but sometimes things change because people demand their rights be enforced by law.

I think the day is coming...

@NikNik just what I needed tonight to get my brain working a bit - and to bring out the cheeky Zoe as well. Thanks to SANE for putting this together and maybe a follow up discussion could be organinised soon!

Very hard to defend any rights in court when you are struggling just to survive each day!!

What an encouraging and optimistic story @Kurra - thaks for sharing

Imagine the hope you give to those who read your story from an earlier stage in their recovery journey... What a difference that might make in someone's life!

A great testabmony to the value of lived esxperience and the power of recovery.

Thanks again, and best wishes for all your efforts 🙂

FrankGQuinlan How wonderful to stand up in public and tell everyone how badly care gone wrong can be. part of the damage and ongoing trauma for me is that if the big health orgs and hospitals choose not to listen there is nothing to make them. That way they create a perceived reality that annihilates not only your experience but any sense of worth you have. it is only since I met peers who shared their stories that I was able to let go of some of the shame of "letting that happen" to me or of feeling unhelpable and difficult.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance