Skip to main content
PANDA National Helpline (Mon to Fri, 9am - 7.30pm AEST) Call 1300 726 306

Forums

Re: Online Event // Setting Boundaries as a Carer - with ARAFMI // Weds Aug 26th, 7-8.30pm AEST

I hear you.  It is so hard to really discuss what we are going through with friends with no lived experience.

Re: Online Event // Setting Boundaries as a Carer - with ARAFMI // Weds Aug 26th, 7-8.30pm AEST

Heart

@Shaz51 I hear you & feel you. Just so you know, I have always appreciated your presence, encouragement & comments on this forum site. This might be an unusual suggestion, but if you meditate or even just relaxing with a cuppa - Send an invitation out with your heart & mind for a trusted friend to come along, then spend a little time imagining how that would feel. Miracles happen every day after all.....!

♥️🧡 @FindingStrength 

Alright my wonderful humans, this has been an amazing one - truly blown away by your honesty and insight. You're all amazing. 

giphy (1).gif

@Shaz51 @Hydrangea @FindingStrength @Dama @Anastasia 

& others that have been involved throughout the night, huge thank you for everything you have offered up on boundary setting as a carer. Everyone who has engaged tonight have been incredible, and I apologise I can not squeeze all the @ tags in above but you certainly have all had a huge impact tonight and I have learnt alot over the last 1.5 hours.

Extra big thanks to our guest @Bron from the wonderful Arafmi. I recommend checking them out here, an incredible resource for mental health carers so again, thank you @Bron for your guidance this evening. We also encourage each of you to have a look around the SANE Forums community, our forum is here 24/7 moderated by mental health professionals. We're always here to hold space for the wonderful carers of those affected by complex mental health.

I will leave this thread open for you all until tomorrow to debrief! Goodnight All! Heart

Thank you  @Bron , @Former-Member  for a great night  

Having a coffee now and relaxing  before bed 

@FindingStrength , @Pixi , @Hydrangea , , @Dama , @Anastasia 

@Former-Member @Bron & everyone else - HUGE thank you! Even though we're typing & not even having a visual (which I'd love to have some time) this has been a very nourishing experience & I've gained some very useful information, tips & ideas.

We are all doing a greatly under-recognised service for our families & loved ones, so lets all give ourselves a hug & smile - self validation right.

Good night all xx

@Shaz51, will pray a northern friend comes your way.

Thank you everyone for the conversation tonight, it's been a lovely intro to the group for me. 

Thank you one and all for making this forum as such an important experience for me. I have learnt from all of you who posted. Thank you for connecting. Keep well and all strength to each of you.

Come and say hello anytime  @Dama , @Pixi , @FindingStrength xx