Skip to main content
PANDA National Helpline (Mon to Fri, 9am - 7.30pm AEST) Call 1300 726 306

Forums

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Saturday Soiree - all welcome!!

cool.okay was too busy with tracks @Exoplanet  lol 

Cat Happy @eth 

Hi @eth 

Thanks for the shout-out.

Saturday is starting quietly for me - which is pleasant - I slept in - I love my Saturday late-starts. Fridays are busy so I take my time and cook on Saturdays and I have yet to get past my coffee start - just finished the coffee - it's pleasant even though the day is cool and cloudy

Christmas is just a few weeks away - I just realised that. I am giving all my great-grandchildren cash this year - they are all at the stage where a few dollars interest them - even the little ones. I am a real klutz when it comes to wrapping up parcels - I have never been good at it and my arthritis is making it more interesting. I waste paper and sticky tape sticks to my fingers and I can get thoroughly irritable in the process so a few dollars in Christmas cards is so much easier

And the Melbourne Cup is in a couple of weeks - it's the only time I gamble so I get a real buzz out of the Cup and if one of my horses gets into the first few I really start yelling and I am sure all my neighbours know that the Cup is on for those few minutes.

And summer is just around the corner - which - I hope - will end the hayfever season - Melbourne has it bad this year - me along with the rest of the allergic population. We've had heavy rain the last few days - the garden looks good - ha ha - mine is well established and didn't wash away - 

I hope the rest of the forum family is having a good start today and may it last for the next few hours

Cya peeps

Thanks Eth

Dec

And now for something completely different ... courtesy of @Appleblossom 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vni1mhFfH9I

Lovely to see you @Owlunar  and catch up with you a bit.  Nice that you are having such a peaceful start to your day.   

Glad to hear you have a great time with the Melbourne Cup.  I get that it's one of the major national celebrations for most people.  Unfortunately it's one of my anniversaries of troubled times so usually I boycott the world that day.  

Giving cash to younger folk is great for them.  They can have total freedom and put it towards to something they choose themselves, so therefor more appreciate.

Hope your hayfever abates soon.  Sounds like your garden is really thriving - what sort of plants do you have in it?

I only get like 30g a month and waste most of it on YouTube @Exoplanet but it lasts that and voice $40/mth boost lol

Hi again @eth 

I have a small garden - my daughter comes up now and again and trims and tidies it - I am passed it myself but I enjoy what I have

There are two standard roses in the back court yard, I noticed one of them has started blooming this morning - with luck I get several flushes every year - the blooms start off orange with red streaks and each day change colour through peach to pink to white to mauve. They were here when I moved in nearly 16 years ago and with the correct pruning thrive

I also have a pencil pine that needs to have its top pruned each year and it has grown thick and friendly - my daughter planted two of them when I moved in but the other one died in the 13 year drought in spite of my using as much waste water on them as I could

I have a huge jade plant near the front door and in the back I have a self-sown liquidamber I love. It's only a baby but it's doing well growing between the flags - it's a bit close to the fence but if the no one ever notices it - I hope it gets to stay

It's an old garden - full of vines and ground covering succulents. I also grow herbs - not many at the moment but I have a lot of thyme that grows from rhyzomes and is flowering right now. That is something I use a lot in cooking

I have to thank my daughter for most of it. She has magic green fingers - I have a brown elbow - I also have cacti and succulents on my kitchen window sill and all they need is watering - 

Mostly the garden is green - that's the best colour for gardens

Dec

@eth I'm ready for music time. about to start my day of painting the interior walls of my house. I'm thinking I'll go a little queen music this morning

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance