Skip to main content
PANDA National Helpline (Mon to Fri, 9am - 7.30pm AEST) Call 1300 726 306

Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Good Morning!

@Shaz51 mmmmm

Thanks. 

I'm having talks about my ex husband and I'm starting a thread on the carers site.....

Good morning @Shaz51 Shazy Bee 🐝 

@HelloKitty1981  You legend! I admire people that take the leap to study.

Keep going. We’ll still be here 

G

Thank you @SmilingGecko. I am usually pretty good with my time management but have had issues with so much content as this module is all about drugs and alcohol and being an intake worker role and feel like we are skimming over a lot of things you would need to be able to do that role successfully post certificate.

I really don't feel role plays as assessment works especially as a replacement for having actual work placements. 14 online quizzes and researching and refererencing various acts on various topics associated with the module. 

It's not like we even have practice role plays throughout the course so you will be strong for the actual assessment day. I have always been someone who learns by doing not so much listening to huge amounts of content ( Autism and AHAD at its best)

The majority of it is a teacher talking at us and her showing multiple powerpoints and ted talks. 

We do one subject on a Monday and a different subject on a Tuesday both subjects assessments due a day a part and long marking checklist for each to pass just on the role play alone.

It hasn't been a lot of times I have walked out of a class and gone, I am not taking this subject in

Please tag me @PeppyPatti on your new thread xx

Hey @Glisten 😊🥰

@Shaz51 aww thank you my days are always better cause I come online and get to chat to everyone and feel like I am actually helping someone in a small way, puts a lot of things in my life and stress into perspective 🙂

@PeppyPatti hope your doing ok 🙂

Thanks @SmilingGecko Yes I'm open to listening to Subliminal Audio Recordings.

& Self-Hypnosis Recordings.

In fact I've been listening to some daily, for several weeks.

Not familiar with your suggested audio, am willing to give it a try.

I don't have NDIS - They rejected my application, several years ago.

This is a MH provider, whose funding comes from the MH Commission, etc.

Mostly they focus on running Group Activities - Just a small part is one on one with a Support Worker.

The Support Worker is not supposed to be Compassionate, & they're not allowed to listen to a client's (persons) issues they told me - The Support Worker's Role is only to work on achieving the client's MH Recovery Goals.

Very Cold & Clinical, totally Goal-Focused.

🙂Adge

@HelloKitty1981 

@SmilingGecko 

I used to have to sit through role plying : in my eyes, You are thinking right @HelloKitty1981 

Do you think that it’s really about your self in working with stigmatised people. 

I bet you have it @HelloKitty1981 

Ty for the warm welcome...
Had soooo much stress today it's not funny.
A lot going on in my life right now
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance