Skip to main content
PANDA National Helpline (Mon to Fri, 9am - 7.30pm AEST) Call 1300 726 306

Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Cook Along

Nope. Not really. She doesn't like the kids eating cakes, biscuits or junk or anything... in a whole week, they may get a jellybean. @Birdofparadise8 

Right okay fair enough @tyme 

Thats a beaut looking cake @Birdofparadise8 it turned out really well! I hope you enjoy eating it. Looks light and fluffy. I've been cooking some diabetic treats for myself today. Some apricot slice and sweet potato bites. I'm very limited with what I can eat due to diabetes but I enjoy doing a cook up. Thanks for sharing 🙂 

Thank you @SmilingGecko 

I'm sharing it with my two roommates, so I don't have to eat it all. That's the one good thing since changing from the dorm room to an apartment is the people. 

Do you have type 1 or 2 diabetes, if you don't mind me asking?

@Birdofparadise8 Thats nice of you to share with your roommates. I have Type 2 diabetes mainly caused by my psychiatric medicine and being inactive in the past as well as not being more on point with diet and lifestyle habits. I'm doing much better these days. Was able to improve my chronic fatigue symptoms using alternative treatments which enabled me to exercise. Prior to that it was really difficult. I used to eat organic and "healthy junk" but now with my diabetes educator I limit carbs and am even more strict with myself now with what I eat

Yeah, well, I don't need to eat it all, hahaha. 

Ah, yes, psych meds can do that. 

That is good things are improving for you. @SmilingGecko 

Very nice :ok_hand: @Birdofparadise8 

Shame my hubby does not like bananas 

Hello @Oaktree , @SmilingGecko , @tyme , @Former-Member 

@Birdofparadise8 that looks lovely 💖. I always admire those who make baked goods, my cooking skills are limited to meals
Former-Member
Not applicable

Yes it's so easy to prioritise tasks over health needs, isn't it @tyme  🙂

I think the changes that happened during the Covid outbreak with shifting how we worked and lived gave enormous insights that will be reverberating across our society for some years to come, and I know there is already a lot of study going on about this topic, I think there is a lot more that could be done which could then inform us more about how we can best take care of ourselves in everyday times, but also in times of change (like the pandemic most recent). 

Hey, I would just like to gently remind you with all care, that your own self care matters along with your very kind and timely reminders to all of us here to take care of ourselves. You have great leadership, support and meaning here, so please our Tyme, take good care of yourself, wont you? 😊💜🤗🌺

Thank you @creative_writer @Shaz51 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance