Skip to main content
PANDA National Helpline (Mon to Fri, 9am - 7.30pm AEST) Call 1300 726 306

Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: All Things Sport...

Hear hear!!!!  @Zoe7   well said!!!!!

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Scarecrowe  and waves to @Zoe7  

Well I started following most sports very closely once I started work in early 1977.  My boss loved his sport, and I was tasked to listen to the radio and keep him updated of any sport which was happening at the time.  He had a lot of meetings, and I was to discretely phone him with updates if anything exciting was happening.  He especially loved the cricket, but it also included all footy codes and commonweath games and olympic games.  I got the job of following the cricket because I had my own room and could have the radio going all day.  Of course, being a sports nut myself, I was happy to oblige.

Oh yes, its a very prized autograph, and I just went and checked it as I spoke of it just now.  Yep ... still got it.

Gee dont get me started on more cricketers, there are several overseas players I greatly admire of course.  Just read your additional Aussie ones, and agree with most.  Except for Warnie ... I never warmed to him at all.  I note you mentioned Ian Chappell, but not Greg.  Same here ... although Greg was a classic stylish batsmen, I never forgave him for the underarm incident.  Oh gosh ... how remiss of me ... yes, Pat Cummins is one of my favourite current team members ... I think he's fantastic, and could be close to being classed as a bowling allrounder.  And seems such a lovely guy too.  He came onto the scene as an 18 year old and had all those years out after his test debut due to injury.  He has worked so hard to get back to the great bowler he is now.  I have a lot of admiration for him.

Overseas cricketers ... umm lets see now .... Indian - Sachin Tendulkar.  Pakistan - Imran Khan.  West Indian - Vivian Richards (love the swagger).  England - Beefy Botham; David Gower.  South Africa - Barry Richards; Jonty Rhodes; Jacques Kallis.  Kiwis - Richard Hadlee; Lance Cairns; Martin Crowe; Brendan McCullum.

I've been to South Africa, but sadly not for the cricket.  Wow ... I'm envious of you going to the 1999 world cup in England, and meeting the teams.  I do remember that tied semi against SA too ... yes indeed, great times.  Bring on the Tatts win I say ... do you ever take tickets?  Cant win if you're not in it.

Glad you enjoyed Billy Connelly ... he is very clever.  Nothing beats a big laugh .. I'll bet you felt good for it afterwards.

Sherry 

That is really cute @Former-Member  that you went and checked on your Dougie Walters autograph....love it.....

wow that job sounds right up my alley, giving the sports updates to my boss.....how fantastic is that.....................lol

overseas cricketers.....the whole west indies team in 80's lol...courtney walsh, curtly ambrose, imran khan, darren gough,....brain having a freeze can't think of anymore but i do agree with your list especially the south africans and the richards swagger.....oh just remembered.....brian lara.......richie richardson........yep brain freeze again...........

i like warnie as a cricketer but off the field different story.  i think he has an excellent cricket brain and he never gives up.  during that tied semi final in 1999 we were down and out for the count, but he encouraged the boys, and pepped them up and gave them the belief that we could win....he grabbed a couple of wickets and the whole team just went up 10 notches.......it was amazing to witness......and he was more of an attacking captain than steve waugh was.........shame he stuffed up off the field which led to him not being selected as captain....those times he filled in for waugh you could see the difference in how they went about things...

yes agree with greg chappell....that underarm incident...disgraceful.....

oh yes mum and i were giggling all the way home after seeing Billy.......did feel great after it.........................

A couple of hours to the big game @Scarecrowe @Former-Member Let's hope we can get a better start than we have in previous games.

I have had another sleep and should be able to stay awake for the game now. Hope you can both watch too and get some enjoyment out of the game ...probably conditional on the result though I fear we may be outclassed by England.

Hiya @Zoe7   hope you enjoyed your sleep................

Ummmm dare I say it..........................which sport are you talking about?????

lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Rugby World cup game between Australia and England @Scarecrowe Smiley Tongue

I forgot you are not a rugby person but thought you may be following because it is into the finals now.

Ahh thought it was rugby you were talking about but did not want to speculate @Zoe7 

no sorry rugby in both forms does not interest me at all......to go forward you have to throw the ball backwards?????????????????????   what the?????????????????

Smiley Very Happy

but i still hope we win..............................but won't be watching......my eyes will be glued to the WBBL!!!!!!!

Who is playing in the WWBL tonight @Scarecrowe ?

@Zoe7 

it is a repeat of last year's final...sixers and heat!!!!!

mind you i had to look that up as i had no idea until you asked lol!!!!

haha that is funny @Scarecrowe 'cos I could have just as easily looked it up ...lazy much lol Not sure when we play so will have to look it up anyway.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance