Skip to main content
PANDA National Helpline (Mon to Fri, 9am - 7.30pm AEST) Call 1300 726 306

Forums

Re: Topic Tuesday// Life With NDIS// Tues 22nd June, 7-:8:30PM AEST

@bipolarbunny  that is an awesome victory well done 

Here is a link to Life Without Barriers website , You will see and enquiry section if you scroll down and someone from intake and assist you directly with any information you need , filling outthe form is just the start and we are very happy to discuss options with you 🙂

https://www.lwb.org.au/disability/ndis/

https://www.lwb.org.au/disability/services/

Lovely words @Daisydreamer

@SandeeLWB 

My wife ( who lives with BPD)  GP reccomended looking into ndis for assistance with daily living support.

Her response was that she didn't want a rent-a-friend and anyway she has me for all that stuff 😔

I believe the biggest barrier there is the stigma.

I think @Oaktree summed up the isolation component pretty well earlier. 

Similar thoughts to a discussion I had with my darling g earlier today .

@SandeeLWB it sounds like Life Without Barriers does take a really holistic and person centred approach to support. I love that and think it is so important

Overall I am glad and been fortunate to get NDIS.  Mostly as it released sufficient funding for me to deal with my phsyical disability, which previously I managed on medicare and paying gaps fees which meant I had 6-10 sessions pa, whereas now I have 2 pw and wow it has made a difference.  Before for 20 years I was just marking time.

Regarding different roles & workers ... I have posted about issues on the forum, which have been significant, but I am pulling through.  Having the forum to open up about them has been very helpful for me ... stopped me collapse into feeling unworthy and giving up.

A mixed Bag ... but lets not throw the baby out with the bathwater ...

@Daisydreamer 

Thanks I have found the forums to be a very supportive place on lonely days but it still doesn't make up for the absence of real life connections. I was hoping to find out how to make the NDIS more easily accessed or managed or something as I find the reviews difficult. Goal setting and knowing how to achieve those goals is extremely difficult to get right under their framework and that is what they use to set the amount of funding. 

@TideisTurning@Daisydreamer

with me having soo many disabilities and physical problems 

carer for my elderly and frail mum 

and my huband with bipolar 2 and othe MI diagnosis and a couple of physical problems staring 

wondering where to start with , NDIS ?? DSP ??/ and when 

stigma can be a huge barrier @Determined. There can sometimes be feelings of not wanting to be a burden or not wanting to need the help, for a variety of reasons. 

@Determined I said the same thing to my psychologist, I'm not "renting a friend". So I can understand how your wife feels. 

BB 🐰💙