Skip to main content
PANDA National Helpline (Mon to Fri, 9am - 7.30pm AEST) Call 1300 726 306

Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi new here

Hi Everyone,

I am a carer and mother to my adult daughter. She has MDD, GAD and Autism, she also self-harms and has anger issues.

I am new to this forum. I decided to look for support forums for my daughter and myself. We found this forum and hope that it can give my daughter and myself some support.

19 REPLIES 19

Re: Hi new here

Hi welcome to the forums there is also a section on the forums for carers which might be better for you to post in if you want carer specific adivce or just want to interact with others who get that side of things. @Former-Member  might be able to help direct you there. otherwise I hope you and your daughter enjoy the community here and get something useful out of the forums. 

Basil
Senior Contributor

Welcome to the forums @Former-Member, its lovely to have you here Smiley Happy

I am the moderator on currently so I have moved your thread over to our Friends, Family & Carers section of the forums (thanks @Eden1919!), to hopefully ease some engagement with other lovely carers and community members. You are more than welcome to jump in to any part of the community but if you'd like to look around the Carers section a little more, you can access it through the Forums home page if you scroll down a little under Lived Experience, you will see the Friends, Family and Carers section, once you click on it, it will take you here; https://saneforums.org/t5/Friends-Family-Carers-Forum/ct-p/carers-forum 

I hope you find some lovely support and community here Heart

Take care,

Basil. 

Hi @Former-Member ,

Ive just finished messaging your daughter on the lived experience forum.

Its so great you have found these forums so you can reach out.

As a carer, it's sometimes so isolating. Do you have supports in place for yourself? 

Carers make such a difference to people with disability. My hat goes off to you! 

Is there anything in particular you'd like to receive on these forums so I (and others) can better direct you to various parts of the forums?

Looking forward to connecting with you!

BPDSurvivor

Former-Member
Not applicable

Thanks Eden1919

Former-Member
Not applicable

Thanks Eden1919
Former-Member
Not applicable

Thanks BPDSurvivor,
I am lucky to have the support of my husband and her younger sister.
I'm looking for support and advice from other Carers who may be in the same situation.
Former-Member
Not applicable

Thanks Basil.

How are you today @Former-Member ?

Im happy to hear you have family support around you. That certainly helps. 

Does your daughter have social workers and/or supports she can spend time with so you have some respite?

I read an article about how all the covid related news has not been disability-friendly, and people with ASD are finding it very challenging. Here's the link:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-09-29/how-covid-messaging-felt-for-the-autistic-community/100432504 

l hope you'll find people you can relate to, here on the forums.

BPDSurvivor

hello @Former-Member , been thinking of you today and wondering how you are going my friend , letting you know that you are not alone xoxo

@BPDSurvivor@Eden1919@Basil 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance