Skip to main content
PANDA National Helpline (Mon to Fri, 9am - 7.30pm AEST) Call 1300 726 306

Forums

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Henry's Landing Strip & Hanger

Well done @HenryX 

You have found your mojo. ...haha

Not Biggles to the rescue.. @Oaktree .. Meggles to the rescue with a celebration dinner party..

I think that HenryX is finding Henry..

A thread with a difference..interesting..historic..a good distraction..attracting quite a broad range..

enjoy and welcome "Henry" xx🛩

Re: Henry's Landing Strip & Hangar

beddy byes here for a while @Former-Member  lol hi @Sophia1  , just Hi and bye here

I do like the hangar @HenryX, well done for bringing us all together like this 💞

Love the rose petals @Appleblossom 

Hello everyone 👋

Gosh that is old re plane @Former-Member

Hello Everyone.

@Mumi @Anastasia @Historylover @Eve7 @Appleblossom @Clawde @TAB @Emelia8

@The-Hams @Sophia1

This post is in the date/time order of posts to which I am responding.

"

@TAB  – Back on the 16 Oct you had details of Mangalore Aerodrome with a photo of a plane. I have been trying to think of the type. And I believe it is a Piper Saratoga. Everything that I have read about its styling and performance makes this plane a favourite for me. However, it would take a major Lotto win for it to be in my range and hanger, not only to purchase, but also to maintain for airworthiness compliance.

1974 Cessna 172 Skyhawk Aircraft Single Engine Propeller WA, Australia $85,000

1974 Cessna 172 Skyhawk Aircraft

1981 Piper Arrow IV Aircraft Single Engine Propeller NSW, Australia $125,000

1981 Piper Arrow IV AircraftThe Cessna Skyhawk would be a nice plane to own and fly, as also would the Piper.

I've just spent a bit of time looking at small aircraft for sale. Dreaming. Better get back to more practical and realistic application of my time. However, before I do so, the Cessna Skyhawk is probably one that I could enjoy. However, I'd have to get a real job to be able to afford even that.

@Historylover  – great to know you are into the party activities and offering to be involved in preparation.

@Appleblossom  – The aroma of rose petals is really special. One day I was going up to singing at the Residential Aged Care community and there are beautifully fragrant roses growing near the front door. I never lose the opportunity, when it is in bloom to ”stop and smell the roses”. Having those rose petals as part of the table dressing would be lovely.

@Former-Member  – I was trying to work out the plane type of which you posted the photos. The first one that came to mind was the Avro Anson. However, looking at the Wikipedia page on the Avros, there is a photo of a de Havilland Dragon and an Avro Anson which I have added below. The plane in your picture seems more like the biplane de Havilland on the left and the Avro Anson on the right.

An Avro Anson flying in close formation with a de Havilland Dragon Rapide at the Duxford Jubilee Airshow 2012

Dragon Rapide of Isle of Man Air Services on a scheduled service at Manchester (Ringway) Airport in 1938
A former RAF Dominie G-AIDL was flown by Allied Airways in the late 1940s, Fox's Confectionery 1950–59, the Army Parachute Association 1967–77 and Air Atlantique Classic Flight 1995–2009.

"

@Sophia1  – Thank you for your observations and encouragement re the

“Landing Strip and Hangar”

Lovely acknowledgement to our mutual friend regarding the dinner party. As members would imagine, I am very pleased that the “Hangar” has been so well received. And I saw the plane in your parting greeting, thank you. Though I am not sure that It will show in my transferred image which, in my script shows only as a question mark. xx?

"

@TAB  – The last week or so has really knocked you for a six. I do remember when I had been less physically active and had gone back to brickies labouring, It took me till the middle of the second week before I could feel ok. Just wracked with pain, and hands raw. So my sympathetic understanding.

With My Very Best Wishes To Everyone

@HenryX 

I had no idea planes were so expensive @HenryX  yeah at my age need time off to recover

I used to do brickies labouring, not something would recommend . Sure I did all sorts of things wrong re how I moved when I did it, did not help

I'm into smelling the roses, too @HenryX. Especially my favourite - the really dark red tea rose. Magnificent fragrance!😊

Hello Everyone,

The following is just for interest. I don't normally give myself the space to dream - but why not??

1983 Piper Saratoga 32 Aircraft1983 Piper Saratoga 32 Aircraft

1983 Piper Saratoga 32 Aircraft

1983 Piper Saratoga 32 Aircraft

Just for Dreaming - Something with which to decorate the "Hangar"

A nice looking Piper Saratoga. 6 seats - club seating rear 4, Sold 5/11/2020

Fixed undercarriage. PA32-301, MTOW 3600 Useful load 1400lb (635kg). Double rear doors. Based at Moorabbin. (Maintenance Release Expired November 2019).

Engine Specifications

TEXTRON LYCOMING IO-540-K1G5 ( 1611 SMOH), commercial ops=out of calendar (on condition)

Prop, 3 b***e (315 SPOH, June 2010)

Avionics

GNS430, KMA24 Audio Panel, KY197 Com, KNS80 RNAV (Dual Glide Slope), KR87 ADF/KI227, KT76A, KAP150 Auto Pilot.

Like I Said, Just Dreaming in My Mental Playground

Best Wishes

@HenryX 

Ha ha @HenryX 

Dream on.  Yep its an expensive hobby.  At least that is what we can do with the net, especially during lockdowns.  My city has apparently been the the worst for lockdowns and WOOO HOOO Friday will be new and lockdown free.  Time to celebrate.

Smiley Happy

Hi @Appleblossom 

Yep! I used to think that dreaming was a waste of useful time but now I make time useful by dreaming!!

And I might as well enjoy the faciities offered by the net. There are some nice planes around in the small light aircraft range. I can say that I am not an aeroplane buff, there are a number of planes in the range though that appeal to me and I like the look of and specs. However, it's something like cars, if it has all the bells and whistles, but you are restricted to perfect runways and the aircraft is difficult to get parts for, then that also narrows the field down.

I'm pleased that the movement seems to be toward reducing restrictions re covid. We in WA may now feel the pinch, in that the ultra-conservative approach might come back to bite us. It's incredible to have faced these conditions for more that 18 months. It also raises the question about what the chances are of similar events happening in the future.

I could see that the restrictions were likely to be changed from a blanket approach to sanctions on individuals in terms of activity and access. So I am pleased that I have now had my two pfizer vaccinations.

Hope your re-entry to and continuation of studies go well.

Best Wishes

@HenryX 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance