Skip to main content
PANDA National Helpline (Mon to Fri, 9am - 7.30pm AEST) Call 1300 726 306

Forums

Re: Not Coping

hey @Birdofparadise8 i don't think we've met yet - i'm rav3n, one of the newer mods - it's lovely to e-meet you! hope you're have a lovely night 😊

and hey @ENKELI hope you're having a lovely night too! 😊

@Birdofparadise8 thanks for letting me know about my profile pic, hopefully it's better now that I've cropped it. 
I'm not sure why the travel mug says kids' section, I've been having trouble with the site lately. If you go to the home page and select shop in the drop down tabs, you can then choose travel mugs & flasks.

How do you feel about your outreach worker self-disclosing? I found that happened with my psych (who became a friend and then disowned me in favour of my ex friend) and I wasn't happy with it. I suppose I should be grateful I wasn't paying for the sessions myself!

I am surprised you don't have anything for when you are feeling distressed too. I have medication for when I have anxiety.

I am sorry you're feeling so anxious for September. It's not good to already be feeling bad. I am praying for you to be okay princess.

No I don't get takeaway very often, I think the KFC was the first time this year, and probably the last. 

Go and have a good time tonight, hopefully you won't get home in time to tell me about it tonight!!

I'll be around tomorrow, am going to go to Bunnings to get some weed and feed for the lawn, plus have a look at plants. I have always wanted a strelitzia funny enough. I love their flowers 😁

(If you don't know what a strelitzia is, and most people don't, it's a Bird of Paradise!)

All good. It looks so much better now. 
okay I will have another look. 
Um it can be a bit wired like I’m not using my private health to pay $400 for her to talk about herself. I can see where she is coming from and saying stuff for me to relate about it. 
yeah it’s odd. When I was inpatient in September October last year I asked to try something but she didn’t give me anything when I left. I have seen my current pdoc a number of time and would have thought he would have looked into it. 
thank you @ENKELI 

I’m not sure where it is coming from. I am a bit worried with how I will mange with my Grannies anniversary and my si attempt as well coming up. It’s a lot of dates and hard times maybe that’s why I’m so worried. 
fair enough it can be annoying when you get take away and you can cook it better. 
why would you say you hope I won’t have time to tell you about tonight? 
hahah how lovely I would love one as well. Very symbolic for me. 
if you get one take a photo for me please. 

hello @rav3n nice to meet you too. 

so you are a peer support worker and moderator?

@Birdofparadise8 if you don't get to tell me about your outing until tomorrow it means you had a good time and that you didn't get home until late 😘

I will definitely take a photo for you, I checked my local Bunnings but they don't have them in stock so I'll check a couple of local nurseries. I had one when I lived in a rental many years ago and always wished I'd taken it with me!

No, take away is never as good as you imagine it will be. I prefer pub burgers or making them myself. 

Re the outreach, I didn't realise you were paying for it so yes I agree with you. For some reason I thought it was free. She definitely needs to reign I'm her talking about herself in that case.

Just know I will be with you during September. I'm kind of glad your birthday is on the 9th because I'll be thinking of you instead of my Godson. The first anniversary is always the hardest but you can do it. You need to believe and see what I do - a strong independent and amazing woman who has been through he'll and is still going forward. 

I am so very proud of you my princess 👸 ❤️ 💖 

Hey @rav3n how's your day been?

Lovely to hear from you 💐❤️

Oh okay yes I guess so. I can’t stay out to late i have my mri at 9 am. 
aww thank you @ENKELI 

I better go now. Wish me luck. 

@Birdofparadise8 you don't need luck my girl, have fun!

I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers for tonight and for the MRI xx

Hi @ENKELI

It was a good night, but they were mostly 27-28, so a bit older than me. 

The MRI went well. I'm just having a chat with KHL regular. 

@Birdofparadise8 glad you had a good night, and that the MRI went well. When will you get the results back?

I went to Bunnings 😁

Did you get the BoP plant? @ENKELI 

Here are some things KHL and I worked on today to talk to my psych next week. 

Dependency

Building confidence

Emotional regulation

Self-esteem

coping strategies/confidence in the strategies

Set boundaries e.g. session frequency, emails, and being able to stand up for myself

Expression of how I feel or what I need - confidence

Passive vs assertive communication

Stop pleasing people if I do not agree with them.