Skip to main content
PANDA National Helpline (Mon to Fri, 9am - 7.30pm AEST) Call 1300 726 306

Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Craft Corner

Wow not long to go now @Judi9877  I was wondering if you could stitch/knit sayings onto the squares. Things that give you meaning and encouragement on your wellness blanket. 

Hi @Former-Member . Thanks for responding to my Wellness Blanket post. Yes, there is a way I could knit things into my blanket with a website that I found called 'daisy and Storm' which have designs of all sorts that you can knit like a heart, flowers, animals, dinosaurs, etc, which are great. Thank you for the idea! However, I plan to knit the blanket several times as there's 20 squares each plus a border and make it so I have one large blanket of 80 squares in different colours to fit on my bed. I have had trouble focusing on just one project for myself so this is my own personal challenge that I'd like to commit myself to and make it a reality. I'd like to finally achieve something just for me and this is something special and personal. I'm calling it at Wellness Blanket because although I know there are mistakes in it, it has been through some pretty rough times since I recently started it this year- having to look for a new rental property, arguments with friends and family and others, my whole ups and downs of mental health in general- and it has always been a source of stability and a reliable source of helping me to relax and focus on who is most important in my life - me! I hope this makes sense. My uni counsellor told me to do something for myself so this is the blanket for me.

Judi9877🧶😎

Former-Member
Not applicable

Yes I totally agree with you @Judi9877  it is nice and totally necessary to do something for our selves, I think we always tend to put others first and our selves second/last.  I thought 20 squares and it's done Lol  looks like you will have lots of time and love to pour into making it.  I hope that you will now have a fresh start in life with your new home and your time in Parcs and gain the skills to avoid getting drawn into arguments with others. Life is too short to get caught up with other people's issues. Concentrate on you and become who you want to be. 🌺

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hello @Emelia8  thank you for your supports in the background. I hope you are feeling much better now and on the road to recovery. Thinking of you even though I haven't been around much.  I have promised myself to do a little bit of watercolour painting this next week as we are going to Busselton camping.  Like @Judi9877  I am going to try consentrate on myself. I would like to try doing the hydrangea as we use to have them in our garden in the UK.  Take care 🌺

Thank you @Former-Member 😄💖

Enjoy Busselton, and a chance to try your hand at more watercolour painting. I hope to see some of the results here if youd like to share upon your return home.

Emelia

Former-Member
Not applicable

Ha ha, depends on my results.

Thank you for the suggestion @Bow! I am going to look that up 🙂

Hi @Former-Member @CheerBear @Daisydreamer @Emelia8 @Bow and all crafty critters here! The good news is I've finished the first section of my Wellness Blanket - see below! I'm just working on a turquoise border as we speak which is boring but has to be done, partly to extend the blanket to make it bigger and partly to add something extra to it. I hope you like it!

E5B3F91A-F6B5-4F6E-B436-60C5ACB71416.jpeg

I'm going to do the next section in light colours with a white border. At least with this section done, it shows to me that I can actually complete something which is a positive sign for me and my my mental health.

Enjoy your crafts, forumites!

Judi9877☺️🧶💐

Former-Member
Not applicable

Looking good!  The boarder will be good too. I think black would look quite striking also against the other colours. 

Hi @Judi9877 how is your blanket going? Looks great, what you posted above in March. Did you knit the squares? Guessing so, what detailed and patient work. Reminds me of blankets that @CheerBear posted some time ago.

Past couple of days I've spent several or more hours making new bead necklaces from old broken ones. I no longer wear silver or metal jewellery because it irritates my skin in this moist climate where I live. Digging beads at the moment, for colour and fun.

The below two necklaces took me several hours to make, though they are very simple. This is partly because I haven't made jewellery before. It's something I've been interested in for a long time.

Each of them has sentimental beads in it. The first is mostly made of river pearls from a broken necklace I loved long ago. It also contains four pale pink pearls from a broken string my close friend gave me, along with two real cream-coloured pearls my father's mother gave me when I was about 14.

The other necklace has many beads from one belonging to my mother's mother. When Mum and I visited her when I was a kid, I always wanted to dress up in my grandmother's jewellery. Woman Happy

IMG_20210516_214031821_HDR_2.jpgIMG_20210516_214211027_HDR_4.jpg

Hi @Former-Member @Emelia8 @Last-Lament @outlander @Daisydreamer @Bow and other crafters. Hope your creations are going well, or maybe something to look forward to in the future. Would love to see anything others are working on now, or have completed. Smiley Happy

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance