Skip to main content
PANDA National Helpline (Mon to Fri, 9am - 7.30pm AEST) Call 1300 726 306

Forums

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Feels like I am suffocating!!!

Not that you are counting down the hours there @Gazza75  lol!!!!   How many times have we all done that, especially on a Friday..................

I get so sick and tired of decent sports not being on free TV.  It is not fair, not everyone can afford pay TV (and it is not worth the money anyway).  I am feeling your pain bigtime.  I was bummed last year when channel 7 took over the cricket but said they were not showing the one day/T20 and only three quarters of the big bash!!!!!   What the ????????   They only show the Australia Formula 1 race, only a handful of v8's, no more American baseball, it just sucks.  The only thing decent thing on TV is sport these days and now we can't get to see much of them.................ggggrrrrr!!!!

I remember Worzel Gummidge!!!!   He was played by Dr Who actor Jon Pertwee!!!  I did not really watch it much, I did love Catweazle though....do you remember that show??

Scarecrow and Mrs King was about an ordinary housewife who gets asked to help out CIA agent Lee Stetson (codename Scarecrow) when he is in a pickle.  From then on she helps out the CIA in her own housewife/civilian way.  Amanda King was played my Kate Jackson who was in Charlies Angels back in the day.............yep I am showing my age bigtime!!!   LOL!!!!!

No, not that I am counting down the milliseconds at all @Scarecrowe lol 🙂

yeah, its pretty annoying about stuff being on 'free tv' as they like to call it these days.  It seems very strange having the cricket on channel 7.  Even the last ashes series with Tood woodbridge as the main guy, what the heck?  He did okay, but, did a few bloopers along the way.  Not sure why they just didn't go with a known cricketer or someone they had previously.  I agree with you the only decent stuff on TV is pretty much sport.  All the reality stuff is annoying as all get out to Me.

I didn't know Worzel was also Dr Who, thats really cool.  i vaguely remember Catwezle, but, never really got into it.  I was'nt the boss of the remote back then, actually I don't think we had a remote at that time lol 🙂  ohhh the lady is off charlies angel, i thought I recognised her chops from somewhere!

I can't picture scarecrow and mrs king, its definitely 80's from the look of it though, especially Mrs King!  Whats your favourite sport or is that to much of a loaded question?  Deep down, mine would be surfing, but, shootl you don't see that on TV ever.  Hard to believe it's going to be in the next olympics.. they should just take it to Kelly slaters wave machine ranch instead of having a host country lol 🙂

For me I think its winter, footy (NRL) , summer cricket.

I haven't really looked at whats on this weekend.. I think ladies big bash is on maybe?

Well @Gazza75   I love watching sports (not all of course we all do have our limits lol)

So my main three in correct order are:  cricket (all types)  car racing (v8s and formula one) and football (AFL).  I follow the Carlton footy club (as my beloved Pop did when he was alive).

I also follow american baseball (yankees) and did follow american basketball (knicks) but not like I used too..................

I enjoy the olympics and commonwealth games (especially winter olympics as that sport does not get shown on TV at all).  I like to know who wins the tennis but not a big lover of watching it lol.   I got into the tour de france over ten years ago and enjoy the aussie version (would love to go and see that in person)  I think that about covers it for the moment.

Yeah agree on Kelly Slater's wave machine being used for the surf olympics.  that would be such a great idea........................................they put anything in the olympics these days which i am not a huge fan of.  Remember when cricket was in the commonwealth games...............really????   

Yes the women's Big Bash starts tonight (sadly I won't be home.....hate when things clash lol) but looking forward to tonight anyway......

No remotes were not around back then........we had to get up off the couch and change channels......................who would have thought lol.

Oh yes Scarecrow and Mrs King was definitely in the 80's.  Great TV shows back then....The A Team was a huge fav of mine........Airwolf.............Knight Rider.......Magnum.......Family Ties.........the list goes on and on and on....lol!!!!!

yep nothing on tv now but stupid reality stuff...........way too much of it and the people go on these shows hoping to become regular tv stars.....no other reason........

Forgot to ask @Gazza75   who do you follow in the NRL???

I remember reading of your AFL/Carltong obsession in another thread @Scarecrowe 🙂  I'm a Shark's fan in the NRL and we finally one a competition!  I really enjoy the winter olympics to.  I used to enjoy the american basketball and football, but, theres not much of it on now at all.  They show the superbowl and not much else.  They might have another few games on, but, I think they are at 4am and outside of my tv time / windows.

I'm not a big fan of a lot of the more recent olympic sport additions.  It usually means they end up dumping some 1/2 decent ones that have been there forever, ie wrestling.  I'm not a huge wrestling fan, but, that almost goes back to the very first and some things should stay.

I don't remember cricket in the comm games, but, its not surprising, i'm sure if India ever gets to host a major sporting event they will manage to swindle some form of cricket into it.

A lot of classic shows from the 80's!  I can' pick between Airwolf and Knight rider on the ones you listed.  The A-team was fun to 🙂  I used to like Mr T the most.

Cricket was in the commonwealth games in 1998 for memory, when it was hosted in Kular Lumpar.   We got silver..........and I think South Africa beat us in the final..........don't quote me on that lol......

yeah I agree with traditional games being taken out of the olympics.....that is what they are all about.........tradition and sports that don't get a lot of coverage usually.......

Mr T was very funny.  I loved them all......Murdoch was hilarious....him and Mr T at each other all the time was a crack up.......I had the hots for Face (Dirk Benedict)...also loved him in Battlestar Galactica (Starbuck).     I saw the A Team van at Hollywood studios in 1995.  And Magnum's ferrari!!!!!!  Nice!!!!!!

Sounds about right to me about the cricket and comm games @Scarecrowe .  I really enjoyed the remake of Battlestart Galactaca, I missed the original when it was first around.  I have seen one or two since and they hold up alright 🙂  The new one is actually one of my very favourite tv series ever.  

I never watched the new series of Battlestar I have to admit @Gazza75 . Not sure why not.   I have the original on dvd.   

Totally agree with you about Todd hosting the ashes series......................like you said there must have been an ex cricketer who could have hosted instead......................or at least a sports host like the dude who usually does nine's sports on sunday.................but then again maybe no one wanted to stay up that late 5 nights in a row lol!!!!

hey @Scarecrowe . Yeah I've been growing endangered plants for about 5 years. I'm a big old greeny & care a lot about the environment and conserving endangered species 'cos I'm a bushwalker & feel protective of the bush (or what's left of it). I've been helping revegetate at a local bushland reserve for about 5 years. It's my way of "thinking global, acting local" as they say. Thanks for taking an interest, most people find it so dull!

Hmm, sounds like you've had some really crappy experiences with meds and dr's. It's hard to understand the lack of compassion and poor expertise. I've had some very sucky side effects myself. a lot of trial and error. but with psychotic symptoms & rage issues meds are a must for me. It sounds like you manage your mental health well so that's the main thing, as long as you've found what's right for you. Sorry you suffer from migraines, the pain is terrible. I get them rarely but have prescription meds that work ok.

I'm feeling un-sporty here guys!! But enjoyed watching the movie Borg Vs McEnroe on SBS. They both seemed to suffer from MI and used its intensity to power their game. I empathised with them.

How was your outing with mum? hope you had a nice night & a good laugh.

A 9 hour shift? crikey that's a lot. I struggle with anything longer than 4 hrs.

I gotta work today, only a 3 hr shift. good to get the money as my car rego is due soon. tonight I'm off to a meetup at a pub I like so that'll be nice. I won't stay long as I wanna do a mega hike tomorrow.

hope you're having a good day today Cat Happy

I think it is really great that you grow all these plants and to be doing it for 5 years now that is dedication.......great stuff @BryanaCamp .  And I can tell that you really enjoy it and are proud of your actions and so you should be....good for you my friend.

I would not say I manage my mental health well......I can assure you I go through some extremely difficult periods and have bad thoughts and doubts and freak out moments and at times I don't get out of bed.......just hide from the world as much as I can.........life is hard but I refuse to pop meds......so I know I have to deal with it on my own accord in my own way....no matter how hard it is.......but thank you for saying so, I appreciate your kind words.....it makes me feel a whole lot better about things.......

Yep nine hour shifts................not fun and not looking forward to it (but I need the money) and I am like you.....can hardly get through a 3 and a half hour shift most days....but the silly season is about to start so there will be more 9 hours shifts in the next few months....but gotta grab what I can as after Xmas the hours will disappear bigtime!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was going to watch that Borg v Mcenroe movie but forgot....from the sounds of it it was interesting.....they will repeat it again one day........................

Hope you have a great day at work (don't work too hard my friend)

Blessings to you

Take care and keep smiling

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance